Monday, November 17, 2008

Felt Tree Pillow


Every Christmas, I inevitably make the best gifts for my mother in law Kathy. The first Christmas I was dating Chris, I made her a tea pot and 4 tiny mugs in my ceramics glass and coupled it with the Aveda calming tea. The next year I painted a portrait of her little dog Bailey. This year, I thought how adorable a Christmas pillow would be! I was inspired by an artist on etsy.com and just tweeked her pillow style to fit the fabric I chose and to fit the holidays.
 I still need to add buttons to one side, but other then that... this pillow is ready!

To Make: 
choose 2 fabrics (cotton) one should be plain
buy 1-2 sheets of felt
1-2 colors of embroidery thread

 Cut out two pieces of fabric about the same size with an extra inch around all sides. Sew them together on a sewing machine; cut out felt tree (or chosen design) and then cut out a similar size piece in corresponding fabric. Attach two pieces with thread by hand. Then attach to plain side of fabric by hand. Turn both pieces inside out, pin together and sew on machine. 
 Then sew 2 button holes on open end, attach buttons, turn inside out, button up and enjoy!

1 comment:

Rissalee said...

So creative!! And I love that you have your own blogs!!! Keep posting!!